Nutrition and Physical Activity Coalition
Eat well. Be well.
To engage our community with activity and food through education and support.
In 2016, Healthy Burnett conducted a Community Health Needs Assessment, which helped identify the top three nutrition health needs in Burnett County:
- Inadequate Fruit and Vegetable consumption in Adults
- Food Insecurity
- Farmers’ Market
- Community Nutrition Education and Resources
- Worksite Wellness
- School Wellness and Active Schools (NPAOP and Transform WI Grants)
- School Nutrition
- Gardening Projects
- Food Shelves/Distributions
- Grant writing opportunities/support
- Organized the development of the Burnett County Farmers’ Market which has now expanded to 4 locations in the county.
- Organized the development of the Burnett County Hunger Task Force, which helped to provide awareness about hunger in the county, increased communication between food shelves/organizations, increased awareness about resources available, and ways people could help.
- Developed and implemented a worksite wellness program for Parker Hannifin.
- Developed and distributed a Burnett County Activity Guide, places to go to be active.
- Wrote grants for the Burnett County Farmers’ Market, Webster Elementary School Garden Project, Burnett County Blizzard`s Logo Water Bottles, and County Activity Guide.
- Wrote grant for a community dance, which was held at the Webster School with Ducks for the Oyster Band playing, also had healthy snacks, and face painting activity.
- Worked with Grantsburg School Teacher on nutrition class room project Helped DSI with their worksite wellness program and garden project Active Schools Grant: provided two local schools with education and tool kits to help with implementing Active School Activities.
- Helped Webster School Food Service Director write Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Grant for the Elementary Students, which was approved for the 2012-2013, and again for the 2013-2014 school years.
- Started a Healthcare Professional`s BF Group which meets at least yearly and provides a chance for networking, sharing of information/resources, problem solving about different BF concerns, and to provide BF education.
- Burnett County Family Resource Center
- Burnett County Farmers’ Market/ Burnett County Fresh and Healthy
- Burnett Medical Center Marketing Director
- Ruby`s Food Shelf
- Second Harvest Heartland, FoodShare Outreach
- Siren Anytime Fitness
- Siren/Webster Community Education Director
- St. Croix Regional Medical Center Wellness Coach
- UW-Extension FoodWIse Nutrition Education Program
For more information regarding the Nutrition and Physical Activity Coalition or to get involved, please contact:
Halle Pardun– Marketing Director
Burnett Medical Center
Phone: (715) 463-7285
Fax: (715) 463-7359
Resource: Move More Sit Less Brochure
Resource: Eat Right
Resource: My Plate
Resource: Kids Health
Resource: Physical Activity Basics
Resource: Nutrition, Physical Activity and Obesity Program